The Edit Project dialog box enables you to edit the details of the project and set the default permissions for all users.
You can reach the Edit Project dialog box from:
- Projects List View >> Actions menu >> Edit Project
- Projects Genomes View >> Actions menu >> Edit Project
You can change the following project details:
- Name (required)
- Specify a unique short name for the project.
- Enter a description for the content or purpose of this project.
- Note: You should avoid using personally identifiable information in project names and descriptions.
- Share Project ...
- Changing the default sharing will affect only those workspace users not currently on the project and new users joining the workspace. Uncheck the box to prevent users from being joined automatically. Checking the box and selecting a Project Role will add users automatically with that role.
- as Contributor
- Contributors have full permissions to the project including uploading and deleting genomes, editing project details, and sharing the project.
- as Viewers
- Viewers can view the project but cannot modify the project or genomes within the project.
- Clicking this button activates the changes. The view returns to the previous page.
- Cancels all changes and returns to the previous page.